Hey House was built by Robert Brown in 1616, probably as a hunting lodge for the de Trafford family. It is also probably the site of the first kennels for the hounds of the Holcombe Harriers which became the Holcombe Hunt. It was enlarged later in the seventeenth century. At the time of writing it comprises two dwellings, both with magnificent gardens. Behind the house is Hey House Mews, which comprises several dwellings round a courtyard. Across Branch Road and slightly higher up is Norcot, a large property with an old carriage house which used to be a staging post on the pack horse route which is now Moorbottom Road.